What about GMO's or GE foods that have been approved? We the United States citizens will suffer the consequences of the FDA's approval. One of our countries most profitable industry; pharmaceuticals controls the FDA through lobbing efforts. As well as the very large multinational agricultural biotechnology industry which also lobbies the FDA to approve dangerous chemicals as it did way back when with DDT and now rBGH.
I could list more things that I believe is wrong with the FDA, but in the end it is our responsibility to decide what is right and what is wrong to put in our bodies and our children's bodies. I know one thing for sure and that is that this Carrot, Cauliflower and Apple Salad is definitely the right decision for you and your family to make.
|Local, organic cabbage from a neighbor!|
|All from the island of Mallorca!|
Carrot, Cauliflower and Apple Salad
Prep Time: 1/2 hour
Keywords: appetizer salad side gluten-free low-carb low-sodium soy-free vegan vegetarian
As they say in Spanish "es la bomba" Its the bomb. Carrots, apples, cauliflower, cabbage, parsley, lemon, olive oil all cancer fighters. Opps, I almost forgot to add that this was a creation by my Vegan wife who I love very much!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 medium carrots
- 1/2 medium cauliflower
- 1 large apple (peeled if not organic)
- 1 cup cabbage, shaved
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves (whole)
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup raisins (not in the pic but added them later)
- Juice of one juicy lemon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Peel then grate carrots into a large bowl.
- Cut tops of cauliflower into small pieces then in 4 batches blend just a little bit until it looks like cous cous, don't over do it. Put in the bowl with the carrots.
- Grate the apple into the bowl.
- Grate cabbage as well or slice fine, place in bowl.
- Chop the almond a lot then place in bowl.
- Pick off just the leaves of the parsley and throw into bowl.
- Divide arugula leaves onto the four plates.
- Add raisins to bowl.
- Put all ingredients in a jar then put lid on jar and shake hard for 1 minute.
- Pour over the salad ingredients and toss well.
- Divide among the four plates and serve.