|This is what I had in my vegetable drawer.|
Use whatever vegis you have lying around.
|Chop it up as small as possible.|
|Mix with olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon and parsley.|
|Place in the middle half of a large rectangular|
piece of parchment paper.
|Fold the paper over.|
|Make small folds to create a tightly closed semi-circle.|
|Take a peek and make sure they are done.|
|Cut open and pour onto plate. |
We ate this with brown wild rice.
Mixed Winter Vegetables in Papillote
Prep Time: 1/2 hour
Cook Time: 1/2 hour
Keywords: bake steam appetizer entree side nut-free soy-free sugar-free vegan vegetarian
This is a great way to cook those leftover vegetables in your fridge. I used the ones I had in my vegetable drawer for this recipe but you can use whatever you have lying around. The trick is to cut them up small in about the same size.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 med. carrot
- 2 mushrooms
- 1/4 small zucchini
- 1/4 onion
- 1 small tomato
- 1 small potato
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 eggplant
- small amount of cabbage
- small amount butternut squash
- small amount celery root
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- juice of one lemon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cut all the vegetables into tiny little pieces.
- Place vegis in a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients and toss well.
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Cut out large rectangular pieces of parchment paper and fold in half.
- Next divide the vegis between each piece of parchment paper by placing a large scoup of the vegis in the lower half of the parchment paper. Then start in one corner and work your way around and make small folds until you have gone all the way around. Make sure that it is well sealed because you want the vegis to be steamed in the little packets.
- Place on sheet pan and put in the preheated oven for about 30 mins.
- Cut open and pour onto 4 plates.