So that is what I am doing with the leftover lemon leeks that are leftover from the beet raviolis. I am turning them into little veggie burgers, sauteing them and putting them on a bed of sliced mushroom then a drizzle of truffle oil. Simple but divine.
|I was generous with freshly ground black pepper|
|The French Mandolin which can be seen|
above the plate is a must for any home chef
|The raw mushroom with the truffle oil give this plate its earthiness|
Lemon Leek Walnut Burger with Mushrooms and Truffle Oil
Prep Time: 1/2 hour
Cook Time: 1/2 hour
Keywords: saute appetizer entree gluten-free low-carb soy-free sugar-free vegan vegetarian
This is a deep intense dish with well rounded earth tones and a hint of acidity. If you wanted to throw on a couple asparagus spears it would make this a main dish and throw it over the top of healthy goodness.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 16 medium leeks, white part only, washed and thinly sliced
- 16 walnut halves diced
- zest of one orange
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 4 large button mushrooms very thinly sliced
- truffle oil
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat saute pan over medium heat and add 3 tbsp olive oil and heat for 2 mins then add sliced leeks. Add a pinch of salt and saute 5 mins then cover for 5 mins stirring several times. Add lemon juice and cover for 10 mins stirring several times. Take lid off and add walnuts, black pepper, orange zest and more salt if needed and continue cooking until all liquid is evaporated. Place in bowl and put in fridge for 15 mins to cool. When cool divide into 4 and make burgers with a ring mold if you have one.
- Heat skillet over medium heat with 2 tbsp olive oil for 2 mins then add lemon leek burgers and saute on each side 2-3 mins.
- Slice mushrooms as thin as possible then make a circle in the center of each plate with the mushrooms overlapping slightly kinda like a clock starting at 12 and working your way around with a slice on each hour.
- Once you have the mushroom clock you can place the lemon leek burger on the middle of the clock then drizzle some truffle oil over the mushrooms then sprinkle some salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper over all.