And in some cases tooth aches became so bad they committed suicide. But as I was reading this book and sometimes thinking of other things a new recipe popped into my head. I have some left over beets from my last recipe and was thinking of showing how the ravioli technique can be used various ways. So this recipe will have a base of carrot and mango then some cannelloni filled with raspberries and pistachios. And because oranges are in season here in Mallorca and falling off the trees, I think I will go ask the neighbor if I can have a few. No wait, better yet in my back yard my other neighbor has mandarines which hang in my yard. So I will snag a few of those plump little yummies, juice them, strain them and then reduce them with a little squirt of raw honey from Mallorca, a dash of fresh ginger and pour it over and around the cannelloni.
|The stars of this evenings performance.|
|Grate the carrots.|
|A squeeze of lime adds zing.|
|Juice them juicy mandarines.|
|Slice da beet mon!|
|First the carrots then cover with diced mango.|
|Fill the cannelloni with pistachio and raspberries.|
|Strategically place the cannelloni.|
|Place some nice cuts of avocado on beet cannelloni.|
|A raspberry and some pistachios.|
|And another magnificent super healthy dish is created.|
Prep Time: 1 hour
Keywords: raw appetizer dessert salad gluten-free low-carb low-sodium soy-free sugar-free vegan vegetarian beet, carrot and mandarine
I don't know if this should be served as a starter or for dessert. It is so yummy and decadent. Vegans will love this dish. Don't be afraid of the presentation. You can do it. You just need a square ring mold and a little patience. Add some greens if you want it to be more salady. May the force be with you.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 10 mandarines juiced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 carrots grated
- 2 mangos diced finely
- 1 lime
- 1 large beet sliced very thin
- 1 pint raspberries
- 40 shelled pistachios
- 1 avocado sliced into thin rectangles
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- salt as needed
- Juice the mandarines and strain into small sauce pan.
- Add honey and ginger and reduce over medium until it become thick like maple syrup.
- Pour into small bowl or cup then add walnut oil and set aside.
- Place square mold in middle of plate and first layer with carrot then top with mango.
- Squeeze a bit of lime over both carrots and mango.
- Slice beets then fill each one with a little bit of raspberries and pistachios.
- Place four cannelloni over middle of carrot mango square.
- Place avocado over middle of beets.
- Then place one raspberry on one corner and next to it place 5 pistachio halves.
- Now pour some of the Mandarine ginger reduction around each square.
- With the left over reduction add several raspberries and mash well then pour one line of this on the plate.