Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: appetizer entree low-carb nut-free sugar-free vegetarian gluten-free Quinoa Mediterranean
Quinoa is rich in all eight essential amino acids that make up a complete protein. Asparagus contains vitamin C & A, folic acid and potassium. Button Mushrooms have possible anti-estrogen activity.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups water
- 1 green tea bag
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 celery stick finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp mirim
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 large asparagus spears trimmed
- 2 quarts salted water
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add green tea bag. Let sit for 5 minutes and discard tea bag.
- Meanwhile, heat large saute pan over medium heat then add olive oil. Wait 2 minutes then add onion, celery and carrot. Saute for 10 minutes then add garlic and cook for another 2 mins. Add the 2 cups of green tea, bay leaf and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and add Quinoa, cover and simmer over low heat 12-15 mins or until Quinoa is done. Let sit 10 mins then add salt, pepper, parsley and lemon zest. Toss lightly, cover and keep warm.
- Clean mushroom then cut into quarters. Heat oil in large saute pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Stir often until mushrooms begin to turn brown 15-20 minutes. Add shallots and cook for 2 mins then add the rest of ingredients and cook until liquid is reduced by half about 10 mins. Take off heat and cover.
- Bring water to boil in large pot.
- Place asparagus in pot and boil for 2 mins then strain.
- Place 4 dinner plates on counter. In the center of each plate place 2 large spoonfuls of Quinoa. On top of Quinoa place 4 asparagus. Then pour mushroom sauce over asparagus.
Powered by Recipage