One of my favorite vegetables to cook are Brussels Sprouts. It's the challenge to have someone look at you with that surprised look and then say "these are delicious!" And it goes without saying that these are one of the healthiest vegetables available.
Brussel Sprouts never tasted so good!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 minuts
Keywords: bake saute side gluten-free low-carb nut-free soy-free sugar-free vegan vegetarian Brussel Sprouts Thanksgiving fall
Brussel Sprouts are an unappreciated fall vegetable because it's been mistreated and not completely understood. These tight minnie green cabbages are members of the cruciferous family, such as broccoli and kale. Brussels sprouts contains indoles and sulphoraphane. Sulphoraphane kicks ass on carcinogens and Idoles deactivate potent oestrogens that can trigger tumour growth. Plus it's one of the best vegetable sources of fibre. So hopefully my recipe will entice your often.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 pound fresh dark green Brussel Sprouts.
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees/200 celsius
- Take off ugly outer leave of BS's.
- Bring 2 quarts well salted water to hard boil then add BS's.
- Cook 5 mins then drain and place in ice bath for 2 mins then strain.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add olive oil and garlic cut in half then place face side down in oil. Cook garlic until lightly toasted and discard. Cut BS's in half and place face down in hot skillet and saute for 5-10 mins until cut side is lightly browned.
- Salt and pepper the BS's then place skillet in preheated oven and bake for 10 mins.
- Take out of oven and enjoy these tasty little guys with just about anything your eating in the fall months.