Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Beetroot Carpaccio with Carrot Ginger Tartar and Avocado

The devil made me do it!  I have know idea where this plate came from.  So I blame it on the devil.  I blame it on the devil because it's sooooo freagin good I must of made a deal with him.  This is the first raw food plate that I have designed for this blog.  And just for the record, every plate in this blog is mine.  I have not looked at one recipe while creating these delicious recipes.  They are mine, all mine and now they're yours too.  Since I have started this blog I have become much more conscious of what I eat and in turn I have lost weight.  Not that I was fat or anything but at 6' tall and 190 lbs I could of lost a few and I have.  I am weighing 185 Lbs the same weight as when I graduated from high school.  So an additional benefit from my recipes to cure cancer is that you will lose weight and in turn feel better physically and mentally.
Beetroot - The pigment molecule Betanin may protect against free radicals.
Carrots - Contain beta-carotene a potent antioxidant,  which in addition to preventing the kind of cellular damage that can lead to cancer, also helps to prevent premature ageing and cataracts.
Ginger -  Has been found to be effective for treating the nausea associated with chemotherapy.
Avocado - They are rich in Potassium, Vitamins B, E and K.
The stars of this production

Finer the grate the better the taste.
Add the extra-virgin to the walnuts

Make the avocado look perdy




Keeping it tight

Amigos

The workshop

100% RAW

Beetroot Carpaccio with Carrot Ginger Tartar and Avocado
by Jeff Harter
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 0
Keywords: appetizer salad entree gluten-free low-carb low-sodium soy-free sugar-free vegan vegetarian Beet and Carrot


This is the first raw meal I have made for my blog and I nailed it! After I ate this delicious meal I felt a vitamin rush and delightfully full. This could be served as an appetizer or the main dish just adjust the size.
Ingredients (serves 1)
    Beet Carpaccio
    • 1/2 whole precooked beet
    Carrot Ginger Tartar
    • 2 med. carrots
    • 2 tbsp fresh ginger
    • Juice of 1/2 orange
    Avocado
    • 1/2 avocado
    • a bit of lemon
    Walnut Cinnamon Oil
    • 1/4 cup walnuts
    • 1 tbsp cinnamon
    • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    • salt and pepper
    Instructions
    • Slice the beet with a mandolin or as thin as possible then make a circle in the center of the plate.
    • Grate the carrots and ginger as fine as possible then place in bowl, add orange juice, a pinch of salt and mix well. Then place a ring mold over the beets and fill with the carrot mixture.
    • Slice the avocado as thin a possible then place over the carrots and sprinkle with a little bit of lemon juice.
    • Add walnuts, cinnamon and olive oil in a mortar or blender and mix well then pour over the beet and carrots and season with salt and pepper.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment