Beetroot - The pigment molecule Betanin may protect against free radicals.
Carrots - Contain beta-carotene a potent antioxidant, which in addition to preventing the kind of cellular damage that can lead to cancer, also helps to prevent premature ageing and cataracts.
Ginger - Has been found to be effective for treating the nausea associated with chemotherapy.
Avocado - They are rich in Potassium, Vitamins B, E and K.
|The stars of this production|
|Finer the grate the better the taste.|
|Add the extra-virgin to the walnuts|
|Make the avocado look perdy|
|Keeping it tight|
Beetroot Carpaccio with Carrot Ginger Tartar and Avocado
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 0
Keywords: appetizer salad entree gluten-free low-carb low-sodium soy-free sugar-free vegan vegetarian Beet and Carrot
This is the first raw meal I have made for my blog and I nailed it! After I ate this delicious meal I felt a vitamin rush and delightfully full. This could be served as an appetizer or the main dish just adjust the size.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/2 whole precooked beet
- 2 med. carrots
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 avocado
- a bit of lemon
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Slice the beet with a mandolin or as thin as possible then make a circle in the center of the plate.
- Grate the carrots and ginger as fine as possible then place in bowl, add orange juice, a pinch of salt and mix well. Then place a ring mold over the beets and fill with the carrot mixture.
- Slice the avocado as thin a possible then place over the carrots and sprinkle with a little bit of lemon juice.
- Add walnuts, cinnamon and olive oil in a mortar or blender and mix well then pour over the beet and carrots and season with salt and pepper.