Why is it important for us to eat fruits and vegetables that contain antioxidants? Because our bodies do not produce antioxidants. And we need antioxidants to fight off free radicals. Free radicals are bad. They make us old, rigid, tight, frail, dry and sick. Nature created plants to look appealing for us to eat. So we do or should I say did eat these natural whole foods before the market place has become saturated with poisonous, harmful processed foods. We do not eat nearly enough fruits, vegetables and grains to combat sickness from free radicals as we should. But the great thing is, is that it is not to late. So let us use nature's resources and let the natural occurring medicines in plants to prevent illness before it happens by eating plenty of fruits and vegetables and let's stop eating all of the processed foods that are out there. They ain't good noway nohow.
|Simple and sweet!|
Crispy New Potatoes and Broccoli
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1/2 hour
Keywords: saute appetizer entree side nut-free soy-free sugar-free vegan vegetarian potatoes Mediterranean
These crispy little taters come out perfect every time! Rosemary and shallots make this simple dish super tasty!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 large head broccoli
- 16 small new potatoes
- olive oil 4 tbsp
- 4 shallots sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 quarts salted water bring to a boil.
- Cut broccoli into small florets.
- Add broccoli to boiling water and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and run cold water over to cool down.
- Place potatoes in large pot with 2 quarts cold salted water.
- Bring water to a boil and cook potatoes for around 10 minutes.
- Once potatoes are nice and soft strain and let rest 5 minutes.
- Then cut into 1/4's and let rest another 5 minutes.
- Then heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and cook about 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Add the shallots and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the rosemary and cook another 3 minutes.
- Then add the broccoli and cook until warm about 4-5 minutes.
- Finish by adding salt and pepper then divide between 4 plates.