However, if you just eat a mostly organic plant based diet you will beat the system and be healthy without having to take those medicines that have dangerous side effects. And one of the healthiest ways to eat is with the seasons and right now asparagus and oranges are in season so eat as much as you can while they are here.
|Enjoy to your hearts content!|
Spring Asparagus with Oranges and Avocados
Prep Time: 1/2 hour
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: appetizer salad low-carb low-sodium soy-free sugar-free vegan vegetarian asparagus spring
Asparagus and oranges are a natural together. For this recipe we got the asparagus and oranges from a friends garden. I always say, "What grows together goes together".
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 24 asparagus
- 2 oranges
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 1 tbsp curry
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and add 1 tbsp salt.
- Break off bottom of asparagus where is snaps naturally.
- Throw in the asparagus and boil for 3 minutes.
- Strain then run cold water over asparagus or place in ice bath for a few minutes.
- Place asparagus on paper towel and dry.
- Place in fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Next cut out the segments of the oranges until you have 20 segments.
- Then cut avocados in half then peel carefully.
- Place the avocado face down on a cutting board.
- And slice as thin as possible cross ways.
- In a glass jar add all the ingredients and shake hard for 1 minute.
- Place the avocado on the plate and fan out.
- Place the asparagus on top of the avocado.
- Place the orange next to the asparagus.
- Pour the dressing around the plate.
- If you have nastursium flower put on the plate as well.