Friday, May 25, 2012

Beetroot Explosion Smoothie

Life is full surprises and challenges isn't it?  And I guess it's how you deal with these things as to how well you do in life.  For example,  our new (6 months old) mac book pro's hard drive crashed and we hadn't backed up for about 2 months.  Then our Canon G11 camera's lens won't open anymore.  Then my KTM motorcycle won't start.  My dad who I have not seen in 4 years was going to visit and now he can't.  My son won't return my calls.  Fosty a dog who we foster cared for and placed with our friends died last week and we loved him very much.  My brother got thrown in jail.  We have to move from a home we love.  A cancer fundraiser I was working on has fallen apart. Blah, Blah, Blah....  Don't we all at one point in our lives have these trials and tribulations?  And probably more than just one point in our lives.  Like when I was ten years old and came home from school one day and mom had our suitcases packed and said "We are leaving".  And I said, "But can't we say goodbye to our friends"?  No came the reply.  Or my first job after college, that I had been working at for a little over a year, and very happy, had been sold and I lost my job.  Or training for the San Diego Marathon and I got pneumonia and was in the hospital for a week.  Or what about the time I found my girlfriend having sex with a friend of mine in the bathroom.
These shitty things happen and are going to happen so you better be ready for them.  What I think is one of the biggest challenges in life is to keep getting knocked down but get back up with a big smile on your face and keep moving forward.  Don't let these things get you down, ever!  Stay positive, be happy and make those around you happy and you will be happy too! 
Exercise, yoga, meditate, give to the community, eat right, do what you must do to stay happy and positive because when it's all over it's going to be over quick and we all say, where has the time gone.  I graduated from high school in 1981 that is 31 years ago and really, I can't believe it.  But if I die manana I know I have lived a great life.  Perfect, hell no.  Could I of done some things different, hell yeah.  But all in all I feel very fortunate for the life I have lived.  Are you living that life?  If not, make those changes so you can keep that smile on your face and when you are lying on your death bed and you can say to yourself that it was fun while it lasted.  Not, I wish I did things differently.
And one of the best ways to start off your day with a boost of happiness is with my Beetroot Explosion Smoothie.  Just looking at this smoothie will put a smile on your face.


Vitamin explosion


Color so pretty it makes you want to paint with it



Beetroot Explosion Smoothie
by Jeff Harter
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: blender breakfast dessert snack low-carb low-sodium soy-free sugar-free vegan vegetarian beet and carrot Beetroot


WOW! That's it. This is so tasty and so good for you that all I can say is WOW!
Ingredients (serves 2)
Smoothie
  • 2 tbsp flax seeds
  • 1 large beetroot peeled chopped
  • 1 large carrot peeled chopped
  • 2 pears chopped
  • 2 kiwis peeled chopped
  • 1/8 pineapple chopped
  • 4 oranges juiced
Instructions
Blender
  • First add flax seeds to the blender and blend for 1 minute.
  • Next, add the rest of the ingredients and blend for 1-2 minutes.
  • Next, enjoy and have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment